Globe to deploy booths in 15 areas to assist SIM registration2 min read
Online Manila | Globe supports government-led assisted registration, to deploy booths in 15 areas | Globe, the leader in Mobile, fully supports the government-led simultaneous rollout of assisted SIM registration in remote areas as it shares the goal of reaching all SIM users across the country and get them registered within the April deadline.
As a service provider, Globe will put up SIM Registration booths in areas identified by the government as priority for assisted registration, including those with poor or no internet access.
“Globe supports the government’s initiative to put up special assistance booths to serve mobile users in hard to reach areas. We will exert all effort so all Globe customers will be able to register their SIMs to continue enjoying our services. We will work closely with the government so no one is left behind in the SIM registration process,” said Globe President and CEO Ernest Cu.
“As we work together towards this shared goal, we look forward to the support of both the national government and LGUs in helping telcos reach out to SIM users and encouraging them to register,” he added.
From January 25 to 27, Globe will hold assisted SIM Registration in 15 identified areas in coordination with the National Telecommunications Commission:
January 25, 2023
- Municipal Auditorium, Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte
- Covered Court, Moalboal, Cebu
- Municipal Gym, Palo, Leyte
- Municipal Gym, Pangantucan, Bukidnon
- Covered Court, Malalag, Davao del Sur
January 26, 2023
- Atok, Benguet
- Camalaniugan Sports Complex, Barangay Dacal, Lafugu, Maharlika Highway, Camalaniugan, Cagayan
- Municipal Covered Court, Calumpit, Bulacan
- Rosario, Batangas
- Multi-purpose Covered Court, Barangay Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur
January 27, 2023
- Covered Court, Barangay Sta. Rosa 1, Baco, Oriental Mindoro
- Ligao City , Albay
- Covered Gym, Carles, Iloilo
- Emergency Operations Center, Evacuation Center Building, Municipal Hall Compound, Barangay Poblacion, Arakan, Cotabato
- Municipal Gym, Tagbina, Surigao del Sur
SIM Registration booths are open to all, and Globe is urging those who may need special assistance, including senior citizens, PWDs or those using basic/feature phones, to take the opportunity to get their SIMs registered.
Those who would like to register in assistance booths should be ready with the following information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Government ID with photo
- Mobile number
Other than supporting the NTC-led assisted SIM registration, Globe will roll out in February its own initiative to bring SIM registration on site across the country. It recently held its massive assisted registration for festival goers at the Sinulog Festival in Cebu and the Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo.
From January 27 to 29, Globe will provide assisted registration in booths in 30 Puregold branches across the country.
Globe’s online SIM registration platform, https://new.globe.com.ph/simreg, is accessible 24/7 for Globe and TM users to register their SIMs. The GlobeOne app will also soon be enabled for SIM registration to give customers greater convenience.
As of January 24, Globe has logged over 10 million registrations on its online platform.